Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Put-In-Bay, OH -- I Miss This Place So Much... Mere Words Can't Describe!

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=Aq6OdYzrIGA

The link above speaks for itself. -- The song is perfect! -- If you've never lived in Ohio or Michigan, unfortunately, you have no idea what this video song and I are talking about. -- I've lived in warm, sunny SE Florida for many years... and had lots of fun here many times... but, trust me, people in Florida have no idea how to have fun like my Mid-western [Ohio] friends do. -- See the video above.

Keep in mind this is a fun winter video. -- However, "summer fun" at Put-In-Bay is even more fun!!! -- On a clear day, from the top of the Perry's Monument, you can see Cleveland, Detroit and Toledo. The monument is 352 feet high and was built in 1913 in honor of Perry's War of 1812 victory on Lake Erie. Put-In-Bay harbor was used as a staging point. -- Quote: "We have met the enemy and they are ours......" --Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry

--David Hill

PS: This was sent to me by a very good Ohio friend... Weldon Paul.

No comments: