Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winter at Put-In-Bay, OH on South Bass Island, Lake Erie

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6OdYzrIGA&NR=1

Put-In-Bay, Ohio is one of my most favorite / fun places to visit. But, I've never been to Put-In-Bay in the winter. This video now causes me to rethink that. However, I'm still not too keen about going out on the ice... especially in a car. As a kid I went through the ice once, and that was enough for me. I was lucky to hit bottom and come right back up through the same hole I went through. That's why you are reading this blog today... :-)

Regardless, I guess you can tell where my mind is today... even though the temperature was in the mid-70's here in South Florida today. Home is where the heart is. Counting me and my brother, Gary, four generations of my family have enjoyed Put-In-Bay over the years. And in case you're counting, it's just six months until Memorial Day Weekend at The Bay!

PS: Ya gotta love the minature "Round House" ice shanty in the first video. Meanwhile... here is a 60 second ad for the real thing: < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIC4Zd-2t8 >

No comments: